Re: [PBML] Sendmail help

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
      >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>
      <cut>

      To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      Cc: <webmaster\@...>
      Subject: Volunteer Scheduling - $month $day, $year

      <cut>
      It only sends the message to the first email account eventhough the
      CC appears on the message that is sent to the <cvsr4099\@...>
      address. I have tried to put both address on the same line seperated
      by a comma but that has the same result.

      Any help would be great.
      <

      Stupid question here, is webmaster @ yahoo.com correct for the other person ?

      or has he/she actually created a user-id/Yahoo ID of "webmaster" ??

      Maybe it is being sent, but someone else is receiving the email...

      G.
    • cvsr4099
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...> >
        > Stupid question here, is webmaster @ yahoo.com correct for the
        other person ?

        > or has he/she actually created a user-id/Yahoo ID of "webmaster" ??
        >
        > Maybe it is being sent, but someone else is receiving the email...

        I actually made up these addresses to keep the spambots away. I use
        the actual address in the code.

        Ron
      • Gordon Stewart
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
          >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>
          To: <cvsr4099\@...>
          Cc: <webmaster\@...>
          <

          Try changing it to :-

          To: <cvsr4099\@...>
          Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>

          Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

          G.
        • cvsr4099
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
            wrote:
            > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
            > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
            > <
            >
            > Try changing it to :-
            >
            > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
            > Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
            >

            > Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

            I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following combinations
            with and without brackets:

            To: <cvsr4099\@...>
            Cc: <webmaster\@...>

            To: <cvsr4099\@...>
            To: <webmaster\@...>

            To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>

            To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>

            All of the above send only one message to the first address except for
            the last one. The last one sends to the second address only because
            it is a malformed header.

            Ron
          • daymobrew
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
              > I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following
              combinations
              > with and without brackets:
              >
              > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
              >
              > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              > To: <webmaster\@...>
              >
              > To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>
              >
              > To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>
              >
              > All of the above send only one message to the first address except
              for
              > the last one. The last one sends to the second address only
              because
              > it is a malformed header.
              >
              > Ron

              You don't list the following so I ask:
              Have you tried:
              To: <webmaster\@...>
              Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
              i.e. reverse the addresses, to confirm there is nothing wrong with
              the 'webmaster\@...' address.

              If you have access to an SMTP server you can use Net::SMTP to send
              your email.
            • cvsr4099
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                The problem with sendmail has been solved. The administrators
                updated the sendmail module to the most current which only allows one
                email address. This is to prevent SPAM. Too bad they did not tell
                anybody. My work around was to set up another email account and have
                it forward the message to the correct people.

                I want to thank everybody for their help.

                Ron Gallimore