Re: [PBML] Sendmail help

  • cvsr4099
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...>
      wrote:
      > Try removing the angled brackets - <> from the email addresses.

      That has the same effect. That is where I am stumped.

      Ron
    • Gordon Stewart
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
        >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>
        <cut>

        To: <cvsr4099\@...>
        Cc: <webmaster\@...>
        Subject: Volunteer Scheduling - $month $day, $year

        <cut>
        It only sends the message to the first email account eventhough the
        CC appears on the message that is sent to the <cvsr4099\@...>
        address. I have tried to put both address on the same line seperated
        by a comma but that has the same result.

        Any help would be great.
        <

        Stupid question here, is webmaster @ yahoo.com correct for the other person ?

        or has he/she actually created a user-id/Yahoo ID of "webmaster" ??

        Maybe it is being sent, but someone else is receiving the email...

        G.
      • cvsr4099
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
          --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...> >
          > Stupid question here, is webmaster @ yahoo.com correct for the
          other person ?

          > or has he/she actually created a user-id/Yahoo ID of "webmaster" ??
          >
          > Maybe it is being sent, but someone else is receiving the email...

          I actually made up these addresses to keep the spambots away. I use
          the actual address in the code.

          Ron
        • Gordon Stewart
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
            >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>
            To: <cvsr4099\@...>
            Cc: <webmaster\@...>
            <

            Try changing it to :-

            To: <cvsr4099\@...>
            Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>

            Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

            G.
          • cvsr4099
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
              wrote:
              > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
              > <
              >
              > Try changing it to :-
              >
              > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              > Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
              >

              > Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

              I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following combinations
              with and without brackets:

              To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              Cc: <webmaster\@...>

              To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              To: <webmaster\@...>

              To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>

              To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>

              All of the above send only one message to the first address except for
              the last one. The last one sends to the second address only because
              it is a malformed header.

              Ron
            • daymobrew
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                > I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following
                combinations
                > with and without brackets:
                >
                > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
                >
                > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                > To: <webmaster\@...>
                >
                > To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>
                >
                > To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>
                >
                > All of the above send only one message to the first address except
                for
                > the last one. The last one sends to the second address only
                because
                > it is a malformed header.
                >
                > Ron

                You don't list the following so I ask:
                Have you tried:
                To: <webmaster\@...>
                Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
                i.e. reverse the addresses, to confirm there is nothing wrong with
                the 'webmaster\@...' address.

                If you have access to an SMTP server you can use Net::SMTP to send
                your email.
              • cvsr4099
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                  The problem with sendmail has been solved. The administrators
                  updated the sendmail module to the most current which only allows one
                  email address. This is to prevent SPAM. Too bad they did not tell
                  anybody. My work around was to set up another email account and have
                  it forward the message to the correct people.

                  I want to thank everybody for their help.

                  Ron Gallimore