Re: [PBML] Sendmail help

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
      >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>

      I need a little help with sendmail. I have a scheduling program that
      is suppose to send a message to two accounts unfortunately I can not
      figure out how to do it. Here is the source code:

      <cut>

      From: $usrvals[5]
      To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      Cc: <webmaster\@...>
      Subject: Volunteer Scheduling - $month $day, $year

      <cut>

      Try removing the angled brackets - <> from the email addresses.

      G.
    • cvsr4099
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...>
        wrote:
        > Try removing the angled brackets - <> from the email addresses.

        That has the same effect. That is where I am stumped.

        Ron
      • Gordon Stewart
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
          >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>
          <cut>

          To: <cvsr4099\@...>
          Cc: <webmaster\@...>

          <cut>
          It only sends the message to the first email account eventhough the
          CC appears on the message that is sent to the <cvsr4099\@...>
          address. I have tried to put both address on the same line seperated
          by a comma but that has the same result.

          Any help would be great.
          <

          Stupid question here, is webmaster @ yahoo.com correct for the other person ?

          or has he/she actually created a user-id/Yahoo ID of "webmaster" ??

          Maybe it is being sent, but someone else is receiving the email...

          G.
        • cvsr4099
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
            --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...> >
            > Stupid question here, is webmaster @ yahoo.com correct for the
            other person ?

            > or has he/she actually created a user-id/Yahoo ID of "webmaster" ??
            >
            > Maybe it is being sent, but someone else is receiving the email...

            I actually made up these addresses to keep the spambots away. I use
            the actual address in the code.

            Ron
          • Gordon Stewart
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
              >>> cvsr4099@... 06/04/02 01:41p.m. >>>
              To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              Cc: <webmaster\@...>
              <

              Try changing it to :-

              To: <cvsr4099\@...>
              Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>

              Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

              G.
            • cvsr4099
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                wrote:
                > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
                > <
                >
                > Try changing it to :-
                >
                > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                > Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
                >

                > Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

                I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following combinations
                with and without brackets:

                To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                Cc: <webmaster\@...>

                To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                To: <webmaster\@...>

                To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>

                To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>

                All of the above send only one message to the first address except for
                the last one. The last one sends to the second address only because
                it is a malformed header.

                Ron
              • daymobrew
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                  > I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following
                  combinations
                  > with and without brackets:
                  >
                  > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                  > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
                  >
                  > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
                  > To: <webmaster\@...>
                  >
                  > To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>
                  >
                  > To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>
                  >
                  > All of the above send only one message to the first address except
                  for
                  > the last one. The last one sends to the second address only
                  because
                  > it is a malformed header.
                  >
                  > Ron

                  You don't list the following so I ask:
                  Have you tried:
                  To: <webmaster\@...>
                  Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
                  i.e. reverse the addresses, to confirm there is nothing wrong with
                  the 'webmaster\@...' address.

                  If you have access to an SMTP server you can use Net::SMTP to send
                  your email.
                • cvsr4099
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
                    The problem with sendmail has been solved. The administrators
                    updated the sendmail module to the most current which only allows one
                    email address. This is to prevent SPAM. Too bad they did not tell
                    anybody. My work around was to set up another email account and have
                    it forward the message to the correct people.

                    I want to thank everybody for their help.

                    Ron Gallimore