Sendmail help

  • cvsr4099
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      I need a little help with sendmail. I have a scheduling program that
      is suppose to send a message to two accounts unfortunately I can not
      figure out how to do it. Here is the source code:

      open (SENDMAIL, "|/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t") or die "Cant fork
      sendmail: $!\n";
      print SENDMAIL <<"ENDOFMAIL";
      From: $usrvals[5]
      To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      Cc: <webmaster\@...>
      Subject: Volunteer Scheduling - $month $day, $year

      Contact: $usrvals[2] $usrvals[3]
      E-Mail: $usrvals[5]
      IP Address: $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'}
      Telephone: $usrvals[4]
      Volunteer Date: $month $day, $year
      Train: $train
      Position: $position
      !!Note: Generated by CVSR's online scheduling system!!
      ENDOFMAIL
      close(SENDMAIL);

      It only sends the message to the first email account eventhough the
      CC appears on the message that is sent to the <cvsr4099\@...>
      address. I have tried to put both address on the same line seperated
      by a comma but that has the same result.

      Any help would be great.

      Thanks,
      Ron
    • ramprasad_ap
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
        If u r sending mail on prompt the best
        use open(SENDMAIL, "|/usr/lib/sendmail -i -v -t")
        and see if it is sending to 2 ids

        If you have got root permissions on your m/c u can do better
        stop sendmail
        start using /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -X /tmp/test.log

        run your program

        the file /tmp/test.log will log everything. U can see where your cc is
        going
        restart sendmail

        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "cvsr4099" <cvsr4099@y...> wrote:
        > I need a little help with sendmail. I have a scheduling program that
        > is suppose to send a message to two accounts unfortunately I can not
        > figure out how to do it. Here is the source code:
        >
        > open (SENDMAIL, "|/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t") or die "Cant fork
        > sendmail: $!\n";
        > print SENDMAIL <<"ENDOFMAIL";
        > From: $usrvals[5]
        > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
        > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
        > Subject: Volunteer Scheduling - $month $day, $year
        >
        > Contact: $usrvals[2] $usrvals[3]
        > E-Mail: $usrvals[5]
        > IP Address: $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'}
        > Telephone: $usrvals[4]
        > Volunteer Date: $month $day, $year
        > Train: $train
        > Position: $position
        > !!Note: Generated by CVSR's online scheduling system!!
        > ENDOFMAIL
        > close(SENDMAIL);
        >
        > It only sends the message to the first email account eventhough the
        > CC appears on the message that is sent to the <cvsr4099\@...>
        > address. I have tried to put both address on the same line seperated
        > by a comma but that has the same result.
        >
        > Any help would be great.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ron
      • cvsr4099
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
          --- In perl-beginner@y..., "ramprasad_ap" <ramprasad@n...> wrote:
          > If u r sending mail on prompt the best
          > use open(SENDMAIL, "|/usr/lib/sendmail -i -v -t")
          > and see if it is sending to 2 ids

          Using this method gives me a 500 error.

          > If you have got root permissions on your m/c u can do better
          > stop sendmail
          > start using /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -X /tmp/test.log
          >
          > run your program
          >
          > the file /tmp/test.log will log everything. U can see where your cc
          is
          > going
          > restart sendmail

          I do not have root permissions and can not get them. I am going to
          try to contact the administrators and see if they will do this.

          Ron