Net::Ping Question

  • Mike Dillinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2002
      Folks,

      On both Windows and Linux platforms, the user must be root/admin to do an
      ICMP ping using Net::Ping. Is there a way around this? We would really
      like to avoid giving everyone admin rights just to do a simple ICMP ping.
      I would be especially interested in a way around this for Windows. I do
      know I can open a filehandle to the ping binary in Linux, but what about
      Windows?

      Thanks,
      -MikeD