Using PUSH to instigate a lib in a local CGI-BIN directory

  • frankieh@vianet.net.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2000
      Hi all,

      I have a question,
      Somebody told me I could get a script to use a lib file that isn't in
      the perl path by using PUSH to do it as opposed to modifing @INC to
      include a new path.

      I don't understand how that would work and was wondering if anyone
      could make any suggestions in that regard?

      The reason I ask is that all I want to do is have perl look in the
      actual directory the script is in for the lib first.

      I have for required libs, they are:

      use EnigmaCrypter;
      use StringUtilityBelt;
      use Sender;
      use Time::Local;

      The Time lib is standard, it requires no path statement, but the
      first three are located in the same directory as the actual script.
      (in my case its called Checkout.pl)

      I am something of a hopeless newbie here and didn't understand how to
      impliment the @INC statement to include the local dir. so I thought
      maybe that the PUSH statement would be easier for me to impliment.

      can anyone help me in simple speak please?

      kindest regards

      Frank