[PBML] Re: accessing a text file

  • Eric J. Goforth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 1999
      Getting them is easy, changing is a pain in the butt though. Perl cannot
      modify the contents of a file (with some exceptions). But you can however,
      rewrite the file witht he changes everytime that there is a change. For
      detailed information check out:
      http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/doc/menual/html/pod/perlfaq5.html under the
      section marked: 'How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a
      file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the biginning of a
      file?'

      Thank you for your time,
      Eric J. Goforth
      Lead Network Adminstrator