Re: [PBML] lil help please???? :-)

  • Gerrit P. Haase
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2000
      <11 Nov 2000, 10:57 Uhr wars, als Franki folgendes schrub:>
      < [PBML] lil help please???? :-) >

      > Is there an easy way I can set the current working directory up to be the
      > first place the script looks in for the 3 libs in question ? And then the
      > standard perl paths later.

      NAME
      lib - manipulate @INC at compile time

      SYNOPSIS
      use lib LIST;

      no lib LIST;

      DESCRIPTION
      This is a small simple module which simplifies the manipulation of @INC
      at compile time.

      It is typically used to add extra directories to perl's search path so
      that later `use' or `require' statements will find modules which are not
      located on perl's default search path.

      Adding directories to @INC

      The parameters to `use lib' are added to the start of the perl search
      path. Saying

      use lib LIST;

      is *almost* the same as saying

      BEGIN { unshift(@INC, LIST) }

      For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks
      to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the
      $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture
      specific directory and is added to @INC in front of $dir.

      To avoid memory leaks, all trailing duplicate entries in @INC are
      removed.

      Deleting directories from @INC

      You should normally only add directories to @INC. If you need to delete
      directories from @INC take care to only delete those which you added
      yourself or which you are certain are not needed by other modules in
      your script. Other modules may have added directories which they need
      for correct operation.

      The `no lib' statement deletes all instances of each named directory
      from @INC.

      For each directory in LIST (called $dir here) the lib module also checks
      to see if a directory called $dir/$archname/auto exists. If so the
      $dir/$archname directory is assumed to be a corresponding architecture
      specific directory and is also deleted from @INC.

      Restoring original @INC

      When the lib module is first loaded it records the current value of @INC
      in an array `@lib::ORIG_INC'. To restore @INC to that value you can say

      @INC = @lib::ORIG_INC;

      SEE ALSO
      FindBin - optional module which deals with paths relative to the source
      file.

      AUTHOR
      Tim Bunce, 2nd June 1995.

      - gph -