From where to start????

  • z4zap
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 7:47 AM
      Hi guys
      I'm new o CGI programming and Perl.
      Can nebuddy plzz tell me from where to start. which books to refer
      etc.
    • Jonathan E. Paton
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:06 AM
        > I'm new o CGI programming and Perl. Can nebuddy plzz
        > tell me from where to start. which books to refer etc.

        The recent list archive is a very good idea, we are just
        about exuasted from talking about how to go about learning
        Perl:

        http://archive.develooper.com/beginners%40perl.org/

        Make sure you buy the Camel a.k.a. Programming Perl, and
        Learning Perl is also recommended by many. These are
        both (?) published by O'Reilly.

        Jonathan Paton

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • Franki
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 9:38 AM
          If you have a programming background, get "programming perl", if you don't
          have a programming background, get "learning perl", and later get
          programming perl...

          learning perl is better at explaining the basics in a simple manner..

          but programming perl is much more comprehensive. (I'm about 1/3 of the way
          through programming perl for the second time, but the first time was a skim
          read, and I have since forgotten most of what I read, so this time I read
          two pages a day.. and try to retain it permanently...)

          rgds

          Frank