Re: [PBML] Creating Modules

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2002
      "ROB Technology" <rob@...>

      : Hello.
      : What exactly is the point of modules and what do they contain?
      :
      : Someone once told me they create modules so they can include
      : full pieces of coding or something, then access it in the script as
      : a "shortcut". How do you create modules?

      Is there perhaps more than one of you?

      I wrote a reply to you about this earlier:

      The subject was: "Re: [PBML] Clear Object's data (long)"
      The second episode was sent with this message.

      HTH,
      Charles K. Clarkson
      --
      Head Bottle Washer,
      Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.

      CJ Web Work - Domains for Real Estate Investors.
      E Pluribus Unum -- One from many.
    • ROB Technology

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2002
          First of all, that was for something different and it never really worked
          when I tried doing it.

          Second of all, my computer has crashed a few times and I've lost a lot of
          data containing messages and replies.

          : What exactly is the point of modules and what do they contain?
          :
          : Someone once told me they create modules so they can include
          : full pieces of coding or something, then access it in the script as
          : a "shortcut". How do you create modules?

          Is there perhaps more than one of you?

          I wrote a reply to you about this earlier:

          The subject was: "Re: [PBML] Clear Object's data (long)"
          The second episode was sent with this message.

          HTH,
          Charles K. Clarkson
          --
          Head Bottle Washer,
          Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.
          254 968-8328

          CJ Web Work - Domains for Real Estate Investors.
          E Pluribus Unum -- One from many.

          Unsubscribing info is here:

        • sgharms@obsidiansunrise.net

            Packages:

            * Bundle a series of functions

            * Are how perl does object oriented work.

            If you have ever managed a large scale software development project
            you will have created a number of functions and actions. At some
            point you will realize that a set of functions is appropriate to a
            certain topic.

            sub wag-tail{}
            sub urinate-on{}

            etc. all adhere to 'dog'. So you can bundle these in a package.
            called dog. That is the former case.

            Thus you could create a class called dog and instantiate an object
            instance of type dog and tell it to do something appropriate to
            the Dog package.

            $mutt = new Dog ("Rover");
            $mutt->wag-tail("hard");

            You would do well to visit the perl man page's suggestions. The man pages
            explain this with the precision and depth you are likely interested in.

            PERL(1) Perl Programmers Reference Guide PERL(1)

            perlboot Perl OO tutorial for beginners
            perltoot Perl OO tutorial, part 1
            perltootc Perl OO tutorial, part 2

            steven

            ROB Technology <rob@...> writes:

            > Hello.
            > What exactly is the point of modules and what do they contain?
            >
            > Someone once told me they create modules so they can include full pieces of
            > coding or something, then access it in the script as a "shortcut". How do
            > you create modules?

            - --
            http://www.obsidiansunrise.net

            - I hit Konamiman (tm)