Re: [PBML] Ftp

  • Tom Barron
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
      Are you wanting to interact with a particular ftp client or just perform
      ftp operations?

      If you just want to do ftp operations from perl, I'd recommend
      Net::FTP. It's available from CPAN and once it's installed, you can
      learn how to use it by doing 'perldoc Net::FTP'.

      If you specifically want to interact with a particular ftp client, you'd
      be more interested in the Expect module, which is also available from
      CPAN.

      Good luck...
      Tom

      Rodrigo Octávio de Oliveira Mello wrote:

      > How can I interact with a ftp program using Perl ?
      > TNKS !
    • Greg Webster
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
        You can also use the LWP module if you have specific needs. I requires the
        Net:FTP module, but I've found it much nicer to work with.

        Greg

        --
        < >-< >< >-< >< >-< >< >-< >< >-< >< >-< >< >-< >< >-< >< >
        | | | GREG WEBSTER - greg@... | | | |
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
          TNKZ !!

          []'s
          Rodrigo

          Rodrigo Octávio de Oliveira Mello
          IDENTECH CPqD - Curitiba/PR

          "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
          will make violent revolution inevitable.
          -- John F. Kennedy"

        • cbullard1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
            Check out the Expect module. You can get it at cpan.org.
          • Rodrigo Octávio de Oliveira Mello
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
              I've got the Net::TFTP module ...
              But when I did the:
              $ perl Makefile.PL
              $ make

              It wasn't well installed ...
              In what did I fail ?

              Tnkz again !

              []'s
              Rodrigo

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
                Is there any problem when I use the Net::FTP module
                and try to send or get any file from Win NT...
                'Couse I'm having problmes this way and I really don't
                know how to solve them ... TNKZ again!!

                []'s
                Rodrigo

                Rodrigo Octávio de Oliveira Mello
                IDENTECH CPqD - Curitiba/PR

                "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
                will make violent revolution inevitable.
                -- John F. Kennedy"

                > You can also use the LWP module if you have specific needs. I requires the
                > Net:FTP module, but I've found it much nicer to work with.
                >
                > Greg
                >
                > On Tue, 07 Nov 2000, you wrote:
                > > Are you wanting to interact with a particular ftp client or just perform
                > > ftp operations?
                > >
                > > If you just want to do ftp operations from perl, I'd recommend
                > > Net::FTP. It's available from CPAN and once it's installed, you can
                > > learn how to use it by doing 'perldoc Net::FTP'.
                > >
                > > If you specifically want to interact with a particular ftp client, you'd
                > > be more interested in the Expect module, which is also available from
                > > CPAN.
                > >
                > > Good luck...
                > > Tom
                > >
                > > Rodrigo Octávio de Oliveira Mello wrote:
                > > >
                > > > How can I interact with a ftp program using Perl ?
                > > > TNKS !
                > >
                > --
                > | | | GREG WEBSTER - greg@... | | | |

              • Oliver Manickum
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 7, 2000
                  hmm

                  you need to be more discriptive with your messages -> cut and copy the
                  error you recieved and paste it in this mailinglist

                  - Oliver