27473Parsing generic file

  • Rajagopal
    Jul 24, 2013
      Guys, I need help with this.

      I need to write a perl program that should output a file. Parameters are:

      SomePerl.pl infile outfile 8 5 10.

      infile can be any standard file with a header record with a delimiter. Columns (numbers, names and position) can change from file to file.

      outfile is the output I want with the following:

      asset_id~asset_tag~asset_cl~col1|col2|col3|....
      where asset_id, asset_tag and asset_cl is mapped to columns 8, 5 and 10. Column header in the file may not be exactly named as asset_id, asset_tag or asset_cl. Output file row should look like:

      col8~col5~col10~col1|col2|col3|col4|col5|col6|col7|col8|col9|col10

      I am new to perl and how would I achieve this?

      Appreciate your help.
      Thanks.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic