20759itunes hacking perl +xml help needed

  • ateeq
    Mar 31, 2005
      Folks!
      I hope everyone is having a merry and wildly fun day!!!!
      I have a huge collection of hindi film songs(2000 odd) that I need to
      go through and tag one by one using the itunes interface. Needless to
      say, I am baulking at the prospect{i am lazy}. I know that if I can get
      into the xml file that comes with itunes and make those edits there
      using simple pattern matching, my work can become easier and more
      interesting to boot. However, when I do make changes in the xml (keeping
      itunes closed) , they are lost when I open the application again.

      Has anyone encountered a similar predicament and used PERL to solve it?
      If so, could you point me in the right direction? There are so many
      modules in CPAN called itunes something or other, but I am not really
      getting them{idiot too}.

      I would appreciate some sage advice from the group.

      thanks

      ateeq ahmad
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic