18484Re: Spam / Mail / CGI Script

  • gordon stewart
    Apr 1, 2004
      > Message: 12
      > Date: 01 Apr 2004 02:53:54 -0800
      > From: merlyn@...
      > Subject: Re: Spam / Mail / CGI Script

      > <Gordon.Stewart@...> writes:
      >
      > Gordon> is it possible, for an ISP to 'route' all
      > emails via a CGI
      > Gordon> script - before it reaches the POP mailbox ?
      >

      > Uh, how is CGI involved here? CGI is a method to
      > manage web
      > form, or needing
      > a web response.

      Ive got all sorts of CGI/Perl cron-jobs - to run
      processes & an email-list system (eg like yahoogroups)
      but on my own server - No forms & web involved..)

      Anything that involves processing, I use Perl for :)
      (However im increasing my PHP use) ...

      > However, on most decent ISPs, you can use something
      > like "procmail"
      > to run a program or at least filter on every mail
      > before it ends up
      > in your pop box. Ask your ISP if they support
      > procmail.

      Thanks - Will look up Procmail & see if my host/ISP
      has it installed...

      =====
      New Zealand Online Communities Group.
      nzocg@yahoogroups.com or http://nzocg.kwister.com/