11193LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment problem

  • Jeff Eggen
    Aug 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      I have a cgi script that calls a module which uses Sybase::CTlib. Unfortunately, the script doesn't load Sybase::CTlib properly unless I have the directory /usr/local/lib in the user running the script's LD_LIBRARY_PATH contents. I tried setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in a BEGIN block in my module, but it had no effect. My webserver runs as user nobody, plus it won't source setup files so I can't set it for the user globally.

      What other ways are there to set the environment variables before the script tries loading modules?

      Thanks,

      Jeff Eggen
      IT Programmer Analyst
      Saskatchewan Government Insurance
      Ph (306) 751-1795
      email jeggen@...
      "The best way to accelerate a Win9x machine is at 9.81m/s2."
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic