10099Help!

  • Ken Arck
    Apr 27, 2002
      I'm dealing with log files where each line starts with a date in the
      format: mm/dd/yy. There are many lines for each date and many different
      dates. Log entries look like this:

      04/25/02 , 10:22:22 , 50.0, F , 99.99, MPH, South ,180.0 , 0

      I'm trying to figure out how to parse the file looking for a particular
      date that is only contained in a scalar. In other words, I know all about
      reading a CSV file and building an array with each field contained in a
      element, so no problem there. What is the problem is that this process will
      be automated, so it must be able to extract log entries based on
      yesterday's date, which will be figured by the perl script and held in a
      scalar. I have the rest of the code done though.

      What I haven't figured out is how to use a scalar (variable?) in a regular
      expression search with which to parse the file looking for yesterday's date.

      Ken
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic