Comments from Tony Maimone

  • zouba
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2007
      Sorry for the delay in reporting anything about the home and garden
      show in Brooklyn last weekend, it was a busy few days in the interim.

      The band was absolutely stellar; Keith is an excellent frontman, the
      rythym section of Tony Maimone and Scott Krause was as incredible as
      always, Ryan Weitzel is an excellent guitarist, and the guest
      performing on the synthesizer added an great
      otherworldy-touch-of-weirdness. I particularly enjoyed the King John
      song, also the ubu "covers" - life stinks was fantastic, among others!

      We truly loved the show, loved the band, and loved talking to and
      meeting everyone. "Mrs Zouba" and I are committed to attending the
      Beachland Ballroom show in Cleveland, assumedly the weekend before X-mas.

      As an aside, I was privileged to enjoy an extended conversation with
      Tony, who asked me to relay the following sentiments to the group. He
      aknowledged David's statements about the posting of Ubu video to
      Youtube, and David's comment that he felt they did not owe the fans
      the right to repost their material.

      Tony wanted me to express on his behalf his deep gratitude to the fans
      and supporters who have stood by ubu and their related projects over
      the years, and asked me to clarify that David's position is not his own.
    • whowhynot121
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2007
        Glad the New York show was good. The videos on YouTube look pretty
        nice (and looks to be a cool venue).

        The H&G holiday shows are very cool - especially when Scott and Tony
        back the Kidney Brothers (from the Numbers Band) for part of their
        set.

        It's always interesting to realize that Ubu is an organization
        composed of disparate individuals - and the official line is not
        always the sentiments of all the members/alums. Tony is a really cool
        and very gracious guy. Defintely the sort who appreciates "fan
        support." Luckily - the Ubus and related projex - continue to make
        great music - making that support much easier wherever their muse
        takes them.