pepysdiary.com on BBC Click

  • Richard Histon
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2011
      No sure if it has been mentioned, but the website was featured this
      weekend on the BBC's weekly Click TV program, usually on the 24 hour BBC
      news channel. This covers IT aimed at the home user. At the end of the
      short program they have a Web section and the site was enthusiastically
      mentioned and shown.

      It will I think be available on the Iplayer.

      Richard
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2011
        Thanks for that Richard - I wasn't aware of that. Those of you in the UK can see it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z8dnj/Click_26_02_2011/

        Skip ahead to just before the 23 minute mark. It's very brief, but makes the website look as exciting as a website of text can be! The show's repeated tomorrow, so I'll try and record it and cut that bit out in case anyone else wants to see it.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2011
          Many thanks for this MR. A fascinating read, but Child is someone I would not have wanted to know nor have financial dealings with. Reminds me rather of some of the ruthless Paxtons (from their published correspondence). I was interested to note that Child's stepdaughter Cassandra Willoughby married into the Chandos family. It was from that connection that Jane Austen's mother, Cassandra, came. I assume, therefore that the unusual name came into the family with Child's stepdaughter and has now become known worldwide because of Jane Austen. Jane's mother was born in 1739.

          Thanks again!

          On 27 February 2011 15:24, robinsonmf <robinsonrepepys@...> wrote:

          Child, Sir Josiah, first baronet (bap. 1631, d. 1699), economic writer and merchant, was baptized at St Bartholomew-by-the-Exchange, London, on 27 February 1631, the second son of Richard Child (buried 1638 at Hackney), a merchant of Fleet Street, and his wife, Elizabeth Roycroft of Weston Wick, Shropshire. He was not related either to Sir John Child, president of Surat and governor of Bombay, or to the banker Sir Francis Child.

          Continued, for one week only:-
          http://www.oxforddnb.com/public/lotw/

          Diary:
          http://www.pepysdiary.com/p/9047.php

          --
          Kind regards,

          Susan Thomas

          Emphron Informatics
          Level 3 88 Jephson St
          TOOWONG
          QLD 4066

          Office: +61 7 3503 1765
          Mobile: 0411 094 688
          Fax: +61 7 3318 7677

          Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information, which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies, which may be in your possession. By reading this communication, the recipient(s) have accepted that it is confidential and NOT subject to any form of public disclosure. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. The company screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5 8:29 AM
            I just posted the relevant clip of the show on YouTube, and put it on 'Site News': http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/03/05/12279.php

            Here's the direct link to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwWkafHY-LU

            The segment features a prominent view of Jeannine Kerwin's byline too!

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5 9:54 AM
              Sweet.  "Phil Gyford" needs some love too.

              On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:
              I just posted the relevant clip of the show on YouTube, and put it on 'Site News': http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/03/05/12279.php

              Here's the direct link to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwWkafHY-LU

              The segment features a prominent view of Jeannine Kerwin's byline too!

              On 27 Feb, 2011, at 16:02, Richard Histon wrote:

              > No sure if it has been mentioned, but the website was featured this
              > weekend on the BBC's weekly Click TV program, usually on the 24 hour BBC
              > news channel. This covers IT aimed at the home user. At the end of the
              > short program they have a Web section and the site was enthusiastically
              > mentioned and shown.
              >
              > It will I think be available on the Iplayer.
              >
              > Richard

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 pepysdiary-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 pepysdiary-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5 1:32 PM
                Yay!

                Jeannine, I figure you have 14 minutes, 56 seconds of fame left...  ;-)

                -Todd

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 5 8:31 PM
                  Thanks for this! Good fun!

                  A.S.