Site News: Pepys family tree updated

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 10:31 AM
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/02/03/12147.php

      Pepys family tree updated

      In 2008 I put together a family tree for the extended Pepys ancestry. A few weeks ago Alan Lawrence pointed out[1] an error in the family tree (thanks Alan!), so I've taken this opportunity to extend the tree as well as correcting the error.

      The main additions are around the Kite/Fenner/Joyce side of Pepys' mother's family, and the Wight/Sutton/Norbury branch -- all those people who get referred to as "cousin" or "uncle/aunt" but who I've never quite got to grips with in terms of their position in the family.

      As before, you can view the family tree on the web[2], or download a printable PDF[3], which stretches over three sheets of paper. Both versions let you click the name of anyone who appears in the diary to jump to their Encyclopedia page.

      If you spot any errors, or can think of anyone else who should be featured, either post a comment below or send me an email.

      [1] http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2008/10/19/9097.php#c315254
      [2] http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/
      [3] http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/FamilyTree.pdf

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
        Pepys family tree updated
        http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/10/14/13007.php

        If anyone likes to keep the latest version of the extended Pepys family tree to hand, you should note that I've just updated it. The only addition is some of the Pickerings, distant relatives of Samuel by marriage through the Montagus. Let me know if you ever think of more people who can be added to this ever-growing chart!

        http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
          Phil,

          That's a quite prodigious chart.  Thanks for working on that.

          I'm again struck by the infant mortality rate among SP's sibs.

          When young I used to wonder why my paternal grandmother's having borne 12 who all lived was such a big deal.
          No more..

          Terry Foreman

          On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:
          Pepys family tree updated
          http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/10/14/13007.php

          If anyone likes to keep the latest version of the extended Pepys family tree to hand, you should note that I've just updated it. The only addition is some of the Pickerings, distant relatives of Samuel by marriage through the Montagus. Let me know if you ever think of more people who can be added to this ever-growing chart!

          http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: