Re: [pepysdiary] Annotations off momentarily

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
      That turned out to be rather longer than a moment!

      I think those comments have all been restored, and hopefully I
      haven't broken anything new in the process. There are still a lot of
      encoding errors -- meaning characters show up as, say, question marks
      rather than apostrophes -- in various places but hopefully that's the
      biggest problem.

      Thanks for pointing this out revcasy - it would have been even harder
      to fix if we'd noticed this in the future when I no longer had access
      to the old server.

      At 09:11 +0100 2006-08-15, Phil Gyford wrote:
      >I'm switching the ability to annotate off temporarily while I try and
      >fix the bug that's causing comments to be truncated...
      >
      >Phil
      >

      >--
      >Phil Gyford
      >http://www.gyford.com/
      >tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      >aim: philgyford

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
        At 05:51 -0700 2006-08-15, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
        >I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move,
        >every annotation is marked as
        >"new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE,
        >and I do accept cookies from
        >the Pepys site.

        Yes, I've just noticed this too... I'll have a look at it later this
        afternoon...

        tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
        aim: philgyford
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
          At 05:51 -0700 2006-08-15, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
          >I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move,
          >every annotation is marked as
          >"new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE,
          >and I do accept cookies from
          >the Pepys site.

          It should be OK now, although I think it may only work next time you
          come back to the site, having been away for more than 90 minutes.

          Let me know if it's still not working (or if anything else is broken
          more than usual!).

          tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
          aim: philgyford
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
            Thanks, Phil! As always, you rock...

            --- Phil Gyford <phil@...> wrote:

            > At 05:51 -0700 2006-08-15, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
            > >I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move,
            > >every annotation is marked as
            > >"new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE,
            > >and I do accept cookies from
            > >the Pepys site.
            >
            > It should be OK now, although I think it may only work next time you
            > come back to the site, having been away for more than 90 minutes.
            >
            > Let me know if it's still not working (or if anything else is broken
            > more than usual!).

            > http://www.gyford.com/
            > tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
            > aim: philgyford

          • revcasy
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
              --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Phil Gyford <phil@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for pointing this out revcasy - it would have been even harder
              > to fix if we'd noticed this in the future when I no longer had access
              > to the old server.

              Glad I could contribute something, even if something small like this.

              *back to reading*

              -rev