Site News: Pepys' Diary iPhone app: new features

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      Pepys' Diary iPhone app: new features
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2011/01/10/12037.php

      A year ago I mentioned in passing that there was an iPhone app in which you could read the first year of Samuel Pepys’ diary. Aimer Media <http://www.aimermedia.com/> have now updated the app, to include another year (1661 as well as 1660), plus a few new features. From the blurb:

      • New reading engine allows night reading and smoother page turning.

      • Also included are enhanced and additional sharing options for email, twitter and Facebook, in particular by including links to PepysDiary.com

      • Accessibility has been improved with correct reading via VoiceOver of entries and buttons.

      So, if you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and want a bit more Sam in your life, head over to the app store, where it costs £1.19, which I’m guessing is $1.99 in the US:
      http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pepys-diary/id348889009?mt=8
      (Disclosure: The plan is that a small cut from these fees will come my way.)

      I particularly like the parental guidance for the app:

      Rated 12+ for the following:
      Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
      Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
      Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
      Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content or Nudity

      Oh Sam!