Re: [pepysdiary] Samuel Pepys' iPod: BBC Radio 4 show on his music

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
      Well spotted Adrian, thanks - I'll post a pointer in the Site News section later for anyone who's not on this email list.

      On 3 Dec, 2010, at 12:13, Adrian Driscoll wrote:

      Samuel Pepys, the famous diarist, loved music. It outlasted all his other passions- even his passion for women. He left hundreds of his favourite songs, some covered in wine stains, relics of drunken musical evenings.
      David Owen Norris explores the songs in the Pepys Library in Cambridge with historians Richard Luckett, Jenny Uglow and Basie Gitlin, and recreates the music he loved best. With singers Gwyneth Herbert, Thomas Guthrie and Laura Crowther.
      Producer: Elizabeth Burke
      A Loftus production for BBC Radio 4.

      BROADCAST

      1. Sat 4 Dec 2010