Site News: Different L&M printing

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2010/12/03/11923.php

      Different L&M printing

      I recently bought the 1668-9 volume of Sam’s diaries, in the usual HarperCollins / University of California Press edition of Latham & Matthews. Unfortunately, although it looks superficially identical, they recently seem to have changed the paper and printing and it looks much cheaper than all the previous volumes I’ve bought.

      As I was making a more general point, and it’s not specifically about Pepys, I posted about it on my personal site <http://www.gyford.com/phil/writing/2010/12/03/harper-collins.php>, but I thought readers of Sam’s diaries might be interested too. I might look for a second-hand copy instead, just to complete the set!