Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Hundreds of truncated comments now fixed

  • Charles Reiss
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2010
      A wonderful site. A wonderful service. Many thanks.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 15 Nov 2010, at 21:13, Susan Thomas <susan.thomas@...> wrote:

      Many thanks for all your labours - Phil and Max!

      On 16 November 2010 04:44, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:
      Site News: Hundreds of truncated comments now fixed

      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2010/11/15/11832.php

      A little admin update… A few years ago, as a result of a database move, a lot of annotations were accidentally cut short across the site. It’s taken a while but most, or maybe even all, of these have now been restored to their full length.

      Enormous thanks must go to one reader, Max Wainer, who has diligently flagged more than 1,600 such annotations across the site for my attention over the past couple of years. Without his efforts I would probably never have got round to fixing so many, so thank you Max!

      There may well be other annotations that have snuck through unfixed, but getting on for 2,000 have now been restored. So anyone reading through the earlier diary entries will now have the full benefit of all your collective work and thoughts.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         pepysdiary-digest@yahoogroups.com
         pepysdiary-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Kind regards,

      Susan Thomas

      Emphron Informatics
      Level 3 88 Jephson St
      TOOWONG
      QLD 4066

      Office: +61 7 3503 1765
      Mobile: 0411 094 688
      Fax: +61 7 3318 7677

      Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information, which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies, which may be in your possession. By reading this communication, the recipient(s) have accepted that it is confidential and NOT subject to any form of public disclosure. Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic signature under applicable law. The company screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail.