Annotations off momentarily

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
      I'm switching the ability to annotate off temporarily while I try and
      fix the bug that's causing comments to be truncated...

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
        I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move, every annotation is marked as
        "new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE, and I do accept cookies from
        the Pepys site.

        Thanks,
        Todd

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
          That turned out to be rather longer than a moment!

          I think those comments have all been restored, and hopefully I
          haven't broken anything new in the process. There are still a lot of
          encoding errors -- meaning characters show up as, say, question marks
          rather than apostrophes -- in various places but hopefully that's the
          biggest problem.

          Thanks for pointing this out revcasy - it would have been even harder
          to fix if we'd noticed this in the future when I no longer had access
          to the old server.

          At 09:11 +0100 2006-08-15, Phil Gyford wrote:
          >I'm switching the ability to annotate off temporarily while I try and
          >fix the bug that's causing comments to be truncated...
          >
          >Phil
          >

          >--
          >Phil Gyford
          >http://www.gyford.com/
          >tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
          >aim: philgyford

          tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
          aim: philgyford
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
            At 05:51 -0700 2006-08-15, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
            >I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move,
            >every annotation is marked as
            >"new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE,
            >and I do accept cookies from
            >the Pepys site.

            Yes, I've just noticed this too... I'll have a look at it later this
            afternoon...

            tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
            aim: philgyford
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
              At 05:51 -0700 2006-08-15, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
              >I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move,
              >every annotation is marked as
              >"new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE,
              >and I do accept cookies from
              >the Pepys site.

              It should be OK now, although I think it may only work next time you
              come back to the site, having been away for more than 90 minutes.

              Let me know if it's still not working (or if anything else is broken
              more than usual!).

              tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
              aim: philgyford
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
                Thanks, Phil! As always, you rock...

                --- Phil Gyford <phil@...> wrote:

                > At 05:51 -0700 2006-08-15, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
                > >I wonder if anyone else has noticed that, since the server move,
                > >every annotation is marked as
                > >"new," no matter how old it is. This happens in both Firefox and IE,
                > >and I do accept cookies from
                > >the Pepys site.
                >
                > It should be OK now, although I think it may only work next time you
                > come back to the site, having been away for more than 90 minutes.
                >
                > Let me know if it's still not working (or if anything else is broken
                > more than usual!).

                > http://www.gyford.com/
                > tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
                > aim: philgyford

              • revcasy
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 15, 2006
                  --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Phil Gyford <phil@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for pointing this out revcasy - it would have been even harder
                  > to fix if we'd noticed this in the future when I no longer had access
                  > to the old server.

                  Glad I could contribute something, even if something small like this.

                  *back to reading*

                  -rev