Balthazar Gracian's 'Worldly Wisdom' Daily ...

  • robinsonmf
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      Aphorisms from the great C17th. Jesuit delivered daily by e-mail:

      "Welcome to Balthasar Gracian's "The Art of Worldly Wisdom" mailing list and website. In the 1600s, Balthasar Gracian, a jesuit priest, wrote 300 aphorisms on living life effectively called "The Art of Worldly Wisdom." The book stays relevent to modern day society and has been used such as Machiavelli's "The Prince" or Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" as a guidebook for everything from business to sports.

      This website is updated daily with a new aphorism that is also sent out via email and RSS to our subscribers. For further reading consider this Balthasar Gracian biography or this searchable version of "The Art of Worldly Wisdom"."
      http://www.balthasargracian.com/

      Baltasar Gracián y Morales, SJ (January 8, 1601 – December 6, 1658)
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltasar_Graci%C3%A1n

      The Pepys library contains:
      Obras de Lorenzo Gracian,
      Madrid: en Imprenta Real de la Santa Cruzada … 1674
      4to., 2 vols in one. PL 1541

      The Critic … transl. into English by P. Rycaut.
      London: T. N. for Henry Brome, 1681
      PL 1106.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltasar_Graci%c3%a1n