Annotations should be working now

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hi all,

      You might find that annotations are now working - if the front page
      of the site has a message that tells you that.

      If you can't see that message, or the annotation forms, it could take
      hours or a day or two longer for the changes to happen and for you to
      start seeing the new site. Please be patient!

      If you can see the new site, and you notice things that aren't
      working, do let me know.

      Thanks,

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
        Phil,

        Annotations are back again indeed; that was very quick! I hope the new
        site is worth it for your several projects!

        Terry

        At 12:52 AM 8/10/2006 +0100, you wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >
        >You might find that annotations are now working - if the front page
        >of the site has a message that tells you that.
        >
        >If you can't see that message, or the annotation forms, it could take
        >hours or a day or two longer for the changes to happen and for you to
        >start seeing the new site. Please be patient!
        >
        >If you can see the new site, and you notice things that aren't
        >working, do let me know.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Phil
        >

        >--
        >Phil Gyford
        >http://www.gyford.com/
        >tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
        >aim: philgyford

      • revcasy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2006
          I only found the diary a few months ago, and I have been reading it
          steadily since then, but I have a ways to go to catch up with
          everybody else.

          So, maybe this is an issue that was already known about before but I
          only noticed it around the same time as the recent changes and I can't
          help thinking that the two things are somehow connected. To get to
          the point, some of the annotations seem to be missing or incomplete.
          Giving an example is probably the easiest way to explain what I mean.

          http://www.pepysdiary.com/archive/1662/01/28/

          If you read the annotations, you will see what I am refering to.
          Going backwards in time in the diary you will see many other instances
          of this problem, and again, this is not something I noticed before the
          last week or so.

          -rev
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 13, 2006
            rev-

            I see what you mean! Perhaps Phil knows something about it?

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2006
              That's very strange! Thanks for pointing it out rev. I'll try and
              look into it in the next couple of days...

              At 16:38 -0500 2006-08-13, Terry Foreman wrote:
              >rev-
              >
              >I see what you mean! Perhaps Phil knows something about it?
              >
              >Terry
              >
              >At 08:14 PM 8/13/2006 +0000, you wrote:
              >>I only found the diary a few months ago, and I have been reading it
              >>steadily since then, but I have a ways to go to catch up with
              >>everybody else.
              >>
              >>So, maybe this is an issue that was already known about before but I
              >>only noticed it around the same time as the recent changes and I can't
              >>help thinking that the two things are somehow connected. To get to
              >>the point, some of the annotations seem to be missing or incomplete.
              >>Giving an example is probably the easiest way to explain what I mean.
              >>
              >>http://www.pepysdiary.com/archive/1662/01/28/
              >>
              >>If you read the annotations, you will see what I am refering to.
              >>Going backwards in time in the diary you will see many other instances
              >>of this problem, and again, this is not something I noticed before the
              >>last week or so.
              >>
              >>-rev
              >>

              >>Yahoo! Groups Links

              tel: +44 (0)7866 436847