Re: [pepysdiary] News: Annotations switched off for server move

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 5:04 AM
      ** Low Priority **

      Many thanks for all your work, Phil! very much appreciated!
      SCT

      >>> phil@... 9/08/2006 9:26 pm >>>
      In a moment I'll be switching off the ability to post annotations.
      I'm about to move this (and my other sites) to a new server and I
      need to switch off annotations to make sure nothing's lost in the
      process. When everything is working on the new server I'll post a
      message there. Because it can take a while for the news of a site
      moving to work its way around the internet, it could be hours or days
      until you can see the new server. Hopefully it won't be too long!

      (Annoyingly, my decision to move servers came only days before
      Pair.com, the current hosts, implemented something that I think has
      solved the problems we were seeing with posting annotations! Too late
      unfortunately, as I've paid for a new, hopefully more powerful,
      service, and it's time to move.)

      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2006/08/09/6667.php

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford