Re: [pepysdiary] Re: Re The Diary of Samuel Pepys on BBC 7

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2006
      Rachel!

      Splendid!

      That would be a wonderful finish to what you so kindly began - A boon for those of us who were able to 'listen again' once or more, but esp for those who were not!!

      Hi

      I started this off by mentioning it in the first place and then failed to record the episodes myself. However I have a possible solution, if, as I suspect, the response from the BBC is negative. I have the series on cassette - it was sold by the BBC but is no longer available. I also have the technology to record from cassette to mp3, it's just a matter of sorting it out and doing the recording in real time. Obviously the quality isn't as good as CD but it's not bad. When I've done it I'll put the files here.

      Rachel

      On 22 Jul 2006, at 21:43, graham_t_1661 wrote:

      Terry,
      I know the Beeb are keen on podcasting, but are limited by copyright
      laws. However, they should own the rights to one of their own dramatic
      series. It might be worth suggesting that the perfect accompaniament
      to a 17th Century blog is a 17th century podcast.

      Graham

      --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Terry Foreman <terry.foreman@...>