The art of diary writing Independent 12/30/09

  • robinsonmf
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2009
      The art of diary writing

      January signals not only the arrival of a new year – for many, it will also open another chapter of obsessive diary-writing. What drives these solitary scribblers? Tim Walker delves into their secret world

      Continued:-
      http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/the-art-of-diary-writing-1852748.html
    • Richard Histon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2010
        Just spotted this three part program on UK BBC4 on Monday the 4th. It is
        in three one hour parts, weekly. Also repeated as is the norm. on BBC4

        I hope it is safe to assume that Samuel will be mentioned (should be a
        main focus of course, but I can't see that looking at the detail of the
        first two) in a program lasting a total of three hours - but one never
        knows!.It should also be interesting in it's own right.

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pq8hj

        Richard
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
          Thanks for pointing that out Richard.

          I spoke to someone from the BBC last summer for a programme about diaries, so I guess this was it... I've no idea if Samuel's mentioned in the finished thing though.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
            Alas, it is "Not available in [my] area" sc. on the West side of the pond.