Re: [pepysdiary] help, please, to access information in emailed diary entries

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 20, 2009
      Hi Charles,

      I'm afraid this isn't possible using the emails for a variety of
      technical reasons. The best solution might be to click the date title
      at the top of the email (eg, "Thursday 19 July 1666") and open that
      diary entry in your web browser where the quick notes will work as you
      expect.

      Phil

      On 18 Jul, 2009, at 13:18, charlesseris wrote:

      > New arrival at this brilliant site. I fear this question has been
      > asked (and answered) before but I can't find it in search...
      >
      > On the main diary entries, simply placing the cursor over one of the
      > highlighted words or names elicits a brief background note, which is
      > fast and invaluable.
      >
      > I would very much like to do the same on the daily emailed entries
      > but the option doesn't seem to work. Clicking, in either mode, opens
      > a new page which often has much more detail than I want and -
      > crucially - holds up the flow.
      >
      > Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way round this?
      >
      > With thanks
      > Charles

      tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
      aim: philgyford
    • Charles Elmore
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 20, 2009
        How do I get to the blog that records a daily entry from Pepys' diary. I read that this website was awarded best new blog in the recent past.
        Shawn

        I wrote about two weeks ago regarding an audition for the part of Samuel Pepys for the Oklahoma City Community Theatre called Carpenter's Square Troupe. Thanks to all who sent information about Pepys' physical appearance. Although I did not get the role of Pepys, I have been cast as Hyde, prime minister to Charles II.
        I have checked out 2-3 biographies on Pepys so that I can do research for the play since the play centers on Pepys and a male actor playing female roles in the English theatre. The actor's name is Kynaston...Does anybody know if this male aactor in female roles was real or fiction? Also, can anyone suggest any books about Charles II's reign, particularly his prime ministers.
        Shawn Elmore

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 20, 2009
          Hi Shawn,

          A few people have sent links to pages on the site already, but here's the front page:

          Phil

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 20, 2009
            Thanks Phil. That's what I'll do.
            Charles

            2009/7/20 Phil Gyford <lists@...>

            Hi Charles,

            I'm afraid this isn't possible using the emails for a variety of
            technical reasons. The best solution might be to click the date title
            at the top of the email (eg, "Thursday 19 July 1666") and open that
            diary entry in your web browser where the quick notes will work as you
            expect.

            Phil

            On 18 Jul, 2009, at 13:18, charlesseris wrote:

            > New arrival at this brilliant site. I fear this question has been
            > asked (and answered) before but I can't find it in search...
            >
            > On the main diary entries, simply placing the cursor over one of the
            > highlighted words or names elicits a brief background note, which is
            > fast and invaluable.
            >
            > I would very much like to do the same on the daily emailed entries
            > but the option doesn't seem to work. Clicking, in either mode, opens
            > a new page which often has much more detail than I want and -
            > crucially - holds up the flow.
            >
            > Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way round this?
            >
            > With thanks
            > Charles

            tel: +44 (0)7866 436847
            aim: philgyford