Re: acting auditions

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5 11:14 AM
      --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Charles Elmore <charles_elmore2001@...> wrote:

      > I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
      > Charles S Elmore

      A link to the National Portrait Gallery (London) collections index, shows the Halys portrait of 1666 and the Closterman portrait of the 1690's:

      http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?sText=Pepys&submitSearchTerm_x=0&submitSearchTerm_y=0&search=ss&OConly=true&firstRun=true&LinkID=mp03510
    • Charles Elmore
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5 11:20 AM
        Thanks, Michael.
        I think the play calls for Pepys at an age between 40-45. Those portraits greatly assist me in my research.
        Charles "Shawn" Elmore