RE: [pepysdiary] acting auditions

  • Charles Elmore
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
      Thanks, Jenny

      --- On Sun, 7/5/09, Jenny Doughty <jmdought@...> wrote:

      From: Jenny Doughty <jmdought@...>
      Subject: RE: [pepysdiary] acting auditions
      To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 9:21 AM

      Google images is your friend, Mr Elmore. http://tinyurl. com/lzd47v

      Jenny

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
        --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Charles Elmore <charles_elmore2001@...> wrote:

        > I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
        > Charles S Elmore

        A link to the National Portrait Gallery (London) collections index, shows the Halys portrait of 1666 and the Closterman portrait of the 1690's:

        http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?sText=Pepys&submitSearchTerm_x=0&submitSearchTerm_y=0&search=ss&OConly=true&firstRun=true&LinkID=mp03510
      • Charles Elmore
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
          Thanks, Michael.
          I think the play calls for Pepys at an age between 40-45. Those portraits greatly assist me in my research.
          Charles "Shawn" Elmore