Re: [pepysdiary] acting auditions

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
      Hi Charles,

      If you can tell us about the research you've already done, and what you've found out, maybe someone here can help you fill in any crucial gaps.

      Thanks,
      Phil

      On 5 Jul, 2009, at 06:50, Charles Elmore wrote:

      I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
      Charles S Elmore

    • Jenny Doughty
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
        Google images is your friend, Mr Elmore. http://tinyurl.com/lzd47v

        Jenny

      • Charles Elmore
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
          Thanks, Jenny

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
            --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Charles Elmore <charles_elmore2001@...> wrote:

            > I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
            > Charles S Elmore

            A link to the National Portrait Gallery (London) collections index, shows the Halys portrait of 1666 and the Closterman portrait of the 1690's:

            http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?sText=Pepys&submitSearchTerm_x=0&submitSearchTerm_y=0&search=ss&OConly=true&firstRun=true&LinkID=mp03510
          • Charles Elmore
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
              Thanks, Michael.
              I think the play calls for Pepys at an age between 40-45. Those portraits greatly assist me in my research.
              Charles "Shawn" Elmore