acting auditions

  • Charles Elmore
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2009
      I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
      Charles S Elmore

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
        Hi Charles,

        If you can tell us about the research you've already done, and what you've found out, maybe someone here can help you fill in any crucial gaps.

        Thanks,
        Phil

        On 5 Jul, 2009, at 06:50, Charles Elmore wrote:

        I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
        Charles S Elmore

      • Jenny Doughty
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
          Google images is your friend, Mr Elmore. http://tinyurl.com/lzd47v

          Jenny

        • Charles Elmore
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
            Thanks, Jenny

              > I am Charles Elmore and I need a physical description of PEPYS before I audition for a play in Oklahoma City, Ok. on July 10-11. It would be helpful if I could find out anything about his physical appearance. Thanks
              > Charles S Elmore

              A link to the National Portrait Gallery (London) collections index, shows the Halys portrait of 1666 and the Closterman portrait of the 1690's:

              http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?sText=Pepys&submitSearchTerm_x=0&submitSearchTerm_y=0&search=ss&OConly=true&firstRun=true&LinkID=mp03510
            • Charles Elmore
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
                Thanks, Michael.
                I think the play calls for Pepys at an age between 40-45. Those portraits greatly assist me in my research.
                Charles "Shawn" Elmore