Re: [pepysdiary] Pepys' schedule

  • Pauline Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2009
      "Lay till it was full time to rise, it being eight o’clock, "

      "Betimes" appears to often be six o'clock.

      On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Phil Gyford <lists@...> wrote:

      When putting the Twitter thing together I had to think about what hours
      Sam keeps, and I realised I didn't have a clear idea.

      For example, when he says "up betimes", how early is that? Occasionally
      he mentions a time - one day he was up "very betimes" at 5am! I'm
      guessing his hours are much more reliant on daylight than our own.

      Any ideas? What sense do you get of when he rises and goes to bed?