Diary entry from February 1662/63

  • jefferstars@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2009
      Hello all,
      I'm brand new to this group, but an old restoration history fan. Could you knowledgeable folks help me out with an idea I had? While on the Pepy's Diary site I was reading the entry from 8 February 1662/63 and I noticed a reference to the "little Duke of Monmouth."
      Am I correct in thinking that this title was not created for James Crofts until 1663, shortly after his arrival to England?
      I am very interested in the true year this entry was made. Does anyone else have theories or opinions as to whether it was 62 or 63?
      Thanks,
      MJ
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20, 2009
        MJ,

        Hope this helps:

        http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/faq/

        Terry Foreman

      • jefferstars@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22, 2009
          Terry,
          Yes, thank you so much, now it makes perfect sense! Just when I think I've learned a lot...well, now I feel silly!
          Sincerely,
          Marci

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 22, 2009
            I keep learning Restoration stuff I was not taught in school. E.g., search
            the annotations for "waterboarding."
            Cheers,

          • jefferstars@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 24, 2009
              Terry,
              The waterboarding review was sad. History was bloody.
              Have you focused a lot of your restoration knowledge on naval/military issues?