A clip from RealPlayer - Unadulterated Entertainment - The Diary of Samuel Pepys, Omens Of Ruin: Episode 5 of 6.

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
      A friend thought you'd like this streaming media.  Play it now with your RealPlayer:
      http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=Unadulterated%20Entertainment&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fbbc7%2Flistenagain%2Fthursday%2Frams%2F1000.ram

      Note: This content may require the latest RealPlayer, which is not available on Windows 95, Mac OS9 or Linux systems.

      The Diary of Samuel Pepys
      Omens Of Ruin: Elizabeth's parents have caught the plague and the navy board is threatened due to lack of money. Episode 5 of 6.

      Terry, thanks again to Rachel for the original link.
    • cyclesmithyskelly
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
        On clips 4&5 I was linked to other BBC 7 program, not pepys.
        --- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Terry Foreman <terry.foreman@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
          Oy! Can't imagine how that happened.

          I downloaded as I listened to the episodes of Pepys Diary

          I will make amends by providing audio files at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pepysdiary/

          Or perhaps again send the correct files by email.

          Sorry,

          Terry

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
            I'm afraid that somehow the wrong tracks were saved/emailed
            as I listened to episodes 4 and 5. It's a mystery how that could happen
            because I sent/saved them all the very same ways.

            I have 1-3 and 6. Has anyone saved episodes 4 and 5.?!

            Merely,

            Terry

            At 04:45 AM 7/21/2006 +0000, you wrote:
            >On clips 4&5 I was linked to other BBC 7 program, not pepys.
            >--- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Terry Foreman <terry.foreman@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > A friend thought you'd like this streaming media. Play it now with
            >your
            > > RealPlayer:
            > >
            >http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=Unadulterated%20Entertainment&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fbbc7%2Flistenagain%2Fthursday%2Frams%2F1000.ram
            > >
            > > Note: This content may require the latest RealPlayer, which is not
            > > available on Windows 95, Mac OS9 or Linux systems.
            > >
            > > The Diary of Samuel Pepys
            > > Omens Of Ruin: Elizabeth's parents have caught the plague and the navy
            > > board is threatened due to lack of money. Episode 5 of 6.
            > >
            > > Terry, thanks again to Rachel for the original link.
            > >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Andrew Hamilton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 21, 2006
              Dear Terry,

              First, Thank You! for sending the BBC7 audio clips to the group. I set mine aside for rainy day listing. Alas, as you have probably by now learned, the links are not permanent. It appears to be the practice of BBC7 to replace the program at the link after 6 days have pased. Now I can't access any of them. There must be another way to  get the complete 6-part series, but my skim through the BBC7 site doesn't reveal it. Any ideas, anyone?

              Andrew Hamilton

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 21, 2006
                Dear Andrew, et al.,

                You're very welcome. The episodes were very well done; but, yes, now the programs have been replaced by BBC7 in all three forms in which I saved them - as email, as programs on my RealAudio and as audio files.  Has any connections with BBC7?  Perhaps friends of Phil?

                Terry Foreman

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 21, 2006
                  ABC radio here in Australia sells all its programmes on CD (but they're rather pricey) - surely the BBC does that too? Or is it too large? The ABC also lets you download for podcasting, but only holds progrs for a certain length of time for that too.
                  Susan

                  >>> aham@... 21/07/2006 9:50:20 pm >>>