Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Sunday Times article

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2009
      I pointed that out earlier today ... hopefully they'll publish it.

      It's too bad they mix up a useful site like the Pepys Diary with the frivolous approaches to Austin and Shakespeare on Facebook, etc...

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2009
        When I opened the ST article, your letter is first in the comments Todd
        - well done on our behalf! I agree with PG - why didn't they contact
        him? Part of the article focussed on ease of communication in the 21st
        century, emphasising that the author has no excuse. And comments by PG
        would have added depth to a fairly fluffy piece of journalism. And I was
        horrified by reading what has been done to P & P and Hamlet - true
        dumbing down and an indication of one's worst fears about social
        networking.
        A.S.