Site News: Sunday Times article

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2009
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2009/03/09/9809.php

      Yesterday there was an article in the Sunday Times about Pepys’ Diary,
      as well as the George Orwell Diaries and the posting of Pride and
      Prejudice to Facebook.
      <http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/article5864641.ece>

      It reads a bit strangely to me, in that you could almost be forgiven for
      thinking this site has only recently begun, rather than being around for
      six years. And it also makes me wonder why these journalists apparently
      never get in touch with me when they’re preparing these articles.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2009
        I pointed that out earlier today ... hopefully they'll publish it.

        It's too bad they mix up a useful site like the Pepys Diary with the frivolous approaches to Austin and Shakespeare on Facebook, etc...

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2009
          When I opened the ST article, your letter is first in the comments Todd
          - well done on our behalf! I agree with PG - why didn't they contact
          him? Part of the article focussed on ease of communication in the 21st
          century, emphasising that the author has no excuse. And comments by PG
          would have added depth to a fairly fluffy piece of journalism. And I was
          horrified by reading what has been done to P & P and Hamlet - true
          dumbing down and an indication of one's worst fears about social
          networking.
          A.S.