table screws

  • timberloo22
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2009
      If you go to http://marinestore.co.uk and search for 'brass table
      screw" you will find an illustration of the item. Clearly designed to
      join two parallel surfaces, allowing for adjustment of the distance
      between them.
    • timberloo22
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2009
        That message should have included the words "parallel surfaces whilst
        allowing for adjustment of the distance between them.
      • francois.thouvenot
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2009
          The pictures of table screws in your link look fine to me, and
          correspond rather well to what I had in mind. This explains why the
          term is often found in machine tools where one needs adjustments.
          Thanks.