It's *on*! Again.

  • beat_town
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2009
      The 2008 Weblog Awards are once again up and running, and once again
      Neil Gaiman's Journal is in the lead. Are we going to let that happen?
      What would Sam and Elizabeth say? And, my Lord! What would "my Lord" say?

      http://2008.weblogawards.org/polls/best-literature-blog/

      You can vote once a day on each computer you own until the polls close
      Tuesday, January 13, 10:00 p.m. GMT / 5:00 p.m. EST / 2:00 p.m. PST.
      So can your friends! And your family! Once a day on all the computers
      they own.

      Come one, come all, my Pepys. Let's get it on.

      Phil, I'm going to post something on today's entry and will look for a
      place in the Encyclopedia. Maybe you want to start a new entry for
      this year's competition?

      And so to vote,
      -Todd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
        To be honest, and this probably seems terribly defeatist, but there
        seems little point in making a big effort over this. The vote boils down
        to whichever site has the most readers, with a bit of variation for how
        enthusiastic the readers are. And Neil Gaiman has many more readers, as
        we discovered last year. Sorry.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
          Yeah, plus we got a late start this year -- but hey, we gave them a run for their money last year, and I hate to just roll over...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
            On 2009-01-11 10:21 pm, Todd Bernhardt wrote:
            > Yeah, plus we got a late start this year -- but hey, we gave them a run
            > for their money last year, and I hate to just roll over...

            Well, really, we only gave them a run for their money before Neil Gaiman
            mentioned the poll on his site - within hours of him doing so he was
            *way* ahead of us. And this year he's already mentioned it.