Re: [pepysdiary] Photos of Pepys's London

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
      Peter,

      Thanks for these photos that provide a sense of scale to parts of London I
      didn't visit on my only trip there, and for the captions you have written
      explaining the significance of each one of them!

      Terry Foreman

      >For your information, here is a link to my Flickr site where I have
      >posted some photos related to Samuel's London. The 'Photos' link on the
      >left doesn't seem to have any. I know we used to post them in the
      >Smartgroups site. You may recognise some of my photos from then. This
      >may be of most interest to Pepys readers who cannot make it to London.
      >I have almost obsessively restricted photos to buildings or parts of
      >buildings that contain no architecture, road signs, etc dating from
      >anytime more recent than Pepys - except for things of specific
      >interest, such as statues. Link:
      >http://www.flickr.com/photos/eastonph/sets/72157608764045849/
      >Alternatively search for 'Peter Easton'(eastonph) on www.flickr.com.
      >When I first tried a search for me, it came up with a photo of a
      >gravestone that says: "Here lies the body of Peter Easton..."! I
      >believe this is of a 'famous pirate', originally from Bristol,
      >who 'worked' off Newfoundland in the 1600s.

    • Peter Easton
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
          Great stuff Peter. There's a Pepys' Diary group on Flickr, so it'd be
          wonderful if you could add your photos to that:
          http://www.flickr.com/groups/pepysdiary/