Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Pepys family tree

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2008
      Phil Gyford wrote:
      > http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2008/10/19/9097.php
      >
      > I’ve put together a Pepys family tree
      > <http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/> as an alternative way
      > of accessing Encyclopedia pages for all the Pepyses. It’s also hopefully
      > useful as a way of getting an overview of how everyone’s related — it’s
      > a big family!
      >
      > The family tree is linked to from the Encyclopedia pages of all the
      > people mentioned so it should be ready to hand whenever it’s useful.
      > There’s also a printable PDF version, should you want to keep a paper
      > version to hand.
      >
      > I’ve tried to keep a balance between having the text big enough to read
      > and enlarging it so much that one can’t view much of the tree at a time.
      > If too many people find the text too tiny I can enlarge it. If you’re
      > using Firefox 3 then you can zoom in using ‘Zoom’ under the ‘View’ menu
      > and the image will be enlarged; I’m not sure if that will work in other
      > browsers.
      >
      > If you have any suggestions for additions or corrections do let me know.
      >
      > Phil

      This is amazing! Thank you! Knowing how everyone is linked to whom is
      great: it's better than the one in Tomalin. What a lot of work - we do
      appreciate it!

      A.S.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2008
        And if you click on each one of the many on the large genealogical chart of
        the Pepys family tree that are underlined a link to that person's page
        opens! Cool! What have you not thought of, Phil?!

        Thanks so much for this!