Site News: Pepys family tree

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2008
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2008/10/19/9097.php

      I’ve put together a Pepys family tree
      <http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/> as an alternative way
      of accessing Encyclopedia pages for all the Pepyses. It’s also hopefully
      useful as a way of getting an overview of how everyone’s related — it’s
      a big family!

      The family tree is linked to from the Encyclopedia pages of all the
      people mentioned so it should be ready to hand whenever it’s useful.
      There’s also a printable PDF version, should you want to keep a paper
      version to hand.

      I’ve tried to keep a balance between having the text big enough to read
      and enlarging it so much that one can’t view much of the tree at a time.
      If too many people find the text too tiny I can enlarge it. If you’re
      using Firefox 3 then you can zoom in using ‘Zoom’ under the ‘View’ menu
      and the image will be enlarged; I’m not sure if that will work in other
      browsers.

      If you have any suggestions for additions or corrections do let me know.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2008
        Phil Gyford wrote:
        > http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2008/10/19/9097.php
        >
        > I’ve put together a Pepys family tree
        > <http://www.pepysdiary.com/background/familytree/> as an alternative way
        > of accessing Encyclopedia pages for all the Pepyses. It’s also hopefully
        > useful as a way of getting an overview of how everyone’s related — it’s
        > a big family!
        >
        > The family tree is linked to from the Encyclopedia pages of all the
        > people mentioned so it should be ready to hand whenever it’s useful.
        > There’s also a printable PDF version, should you want to keep a paper
        > version to hand.
        >
        > I’ve tried to keep a balance between having the text big enough to read
        > and enlarging it so much that one can’t view much of the tree at a time.
        > If too many people find the text too tiny I can enlarge it. If you’re
        > using Firefox 3 then you can zoom in using ‘Zoom’ under the ‘View’ menu
        > and the image will be enlarged; I’m not sure if that will work in other
        > browsers.
        >
        > If you have any suggestions for additions or corrections do let me know.
        >
        > Phil

        This is amazing! Thank you! Knowing how everyone is linked to whom is
        great: it's better than the one in Tomalin. What a lot of work - we do
        appreciate it!

        A.S.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2008
          And if you click on each one of the many on the large genealogical chart of
          the Pepys family tree that are underlined a link to that person's page
          opens! Cool! What have you not thought of, Phil?!

          Thanks so much for this!