RE: [pepysdiary] Inside/outside of London

  • Matt Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
      You have two votes from my household for using the 1660 borders for London.  Keep the list consistent with Pepys's understanding of London.  We moderns understand the Deptford and Greenwich have distinct spatial identies that we can find on maps.

      Matt Lee

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
        Yeah, FWIW, that's the thinking in the Bernhardt household as well ...

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
          Least confusing to me would be to use the boundaries of London that
          fits with Pepys's time. There have been times when I've found including
          'other' towns therein confusing -- until I made the time-jump.

          Terry Foreman

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
            Thanks folks (although I'm still happy to hear any other opinions!).
            There are some inconsistencies on the site at the moment, but I'll be
            tidying them up over the next few days.