Site News: More "On this day" information

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2008
      http://www.pepysdiary.com/about/archive/2008/08/07/8873.php

      Some time ago I added the average monthly temperature and links to the
      House of Commons and House of Lords journals to the side of each diary
      entry. I've now added links to information at the Records of Earls Colne
      <http://linux02.lib.cam.ac.uk/earlscolne/>.

      The site includes the diary of Ralph Josselin, the vicar of this Essex
      village, which have been posted in annotations here in the past. I've
      now added links from Pepys' Diary pages directly to Josselin's diary
      entries for the same days, where available.

      The Earls Colne site also includes many church records -- of baptisms,
      marriages, burials, etc -- plus various documents from court
      proceedings. I've now added links from the relevant days to these sources.

      Pepys didn't have any direct connection to Earls Colne (a village forty
      miles north east of London) as far as I know, but I thought these
      contemporary documents would help provide some extra atmosphere and
      background reading. Here's an example:
      <http://www.pepysdiary.com/archive/1662/03/15/>.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
        Dear Phil,

        Thank you for all your efforts to "add value"to this site - as if it
        wasn't wonderful anyway!
        Your hard work is always appreciated.

        A.S.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
          Indeed, Phil, how fun!

          The Earls Colne material is a worthy addition to an already-rich site!

          Thanks so much.

          Terry Foreman