Kit's blogging for Obama!

  • dustrat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008

      I'm letting my friends and acquaintances know that I've joined with other people from all over the country in a commitment to blog once weekly for Barack Obama over the next ten weeks. Since I'm a novelist, a feminist, a church-going Christian, the parent of disabled children, a Democrat, and a Barack Obama enthusiast, I hope these blog entries will be interesting to some of you, worth reading and perhaps worth forwarding. Though I will touch on Obama's policy positions and what's going on in the wider campaign, chiefly I'll be writing about my personal experiences: how I came to support Barack Obama, my observations and feelings as we draw closer to election day, and my participation in his campaign.

      If you know people who have worries or misunderstandings about how Barack Obama might deal with specific issues, please let me know so that I can find relevant and helpful information and get it to those people.

      You can read my blog at:

      Thanks,

      Kit Sturtevant-Stuart

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
        Kit,

        Thanks for your email, but please keep posts to this group on-topic, ie
        related to Pepys.

        Thanks,
        Phil

        On 2008-07-29 21:22, dustrat@... wrote:

        > I'm letting my friends and acquaintances know that I've joined with
        > other people from all over the country in a commitment to blog once
        > weekly for Barack Obama over the next ten weeks. Since I'm a novelist, a
        > feminist, a church-going Christian, the parent of disabled children, a
        > Democrat, and a Barack Obama enthusiast, I hope these blog entries will
        > be interesting to some of you, worth reading and perhaps worth
        > forwarding. Though I will touch on Obama's policy positions and what's
        > going on in the wider campaign, chiefly I'll be writing about my
        > personal experiences: how I came to support Barack Obama, my
        > observations and feelings as we draw closer to election day, and my
        > participation in his campaign.
        >
        > If you know people who have worries or misunderstandings about how
        > Barack Obama might deal with specific issues, please let me know so that
        > I can find relevant and helpful information and get it to those people.
        >
        > You can read my blog at:
        >
        > http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/kitlovesnuance
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Kit Sturtevant-Stuart

        > Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse
        > Fantasy Football today
        > <http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020>.

      • Shawn Laasch
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
          Phil,

          I moderate a local Freecycle group and have been seeing more and more
          of these -- what happens is that a subscriber lets a web site
          (Facebook, etc) send out invitations to contacts in someone's address
          book. Kit likely didn't realize that it was going to happen and might
          not even have had an opportunity to exclude an address. Maybe I'm
          giving too much of a benefit of the doubt.

          This is one of the many annoyances of the modern internet. On the
          other hand, we can follow Samuel's life easily. It's a trade-off :-)

          As always, thank you so much for everything you do.

          --Shawn

          --
          Visit http://laasch.net for design and development needs.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
            I think that was the case this time, and it's easily done. A reminder to
            us all to be extra careful when doing this kind of thing!

            Phil