Re: [pepysdiary] Site News: Recent Activity and spam

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2008
      On 2008-06-24 22:00, Terry Foreman wrote:
      > Phil,
      >
      > Does that mean the whole of your sites are open to spam-bots, etc?

      Not completely open - I have three things which all try and filter out
      spam in different ways, which in theory haven't changed since the
      software upgrade. But for some reason they're letting more spam through.
      Including both annotations which I've manually marked as spam and those
      automatically filtered (most of them), there have been thirty spam
      annotations in the past hour!

      > If so, how maddening that must be.
      >
      > We should roam about as we can and see what's been added on to the legit
      > annotations.

      They're pretty easy to spot, so I should be able to notice most of them.
      I'll also try and work out why it's all suddenly changed!