Truncated annotations

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      Dirk recently alerted me to the fact that scattered through the website
      are several annotations that end abruptly - part of them is missing.

      This must have occurred during one of the several server moves the site
      has undergone over the years, and always happens at the point one of a
      few characters is used - usually a certain kind of 'apostrophe' or
      "double quote".

      If you spot anything like this - in the diary pages or the Encyclopedia
      or elsewhere - please do email me a link to the annotation. Right-click
      on the time the annotation was posted and you should be able to copy the
      URL of that link and paste it into an email like this:

      http://www.pepysdiary.com/archive/1660/12/13/#c9439

      I can then fix the annotation manually from an archived copy - I don't
      think there's a way of doing it automatically. Many thanks for your help!